The Works and Engineering Department is headed by the City Engineer and is responsible for providing technical support and guidance on the urban structural design, infrastructure improvement, road network development and maintenance and control of infrastructure developments in the City.
- Plan, design and manage the construction, rehabilitation, upgrading and periodic maintenance of the City Roads including the Road marking and signage;
- Plan, design and manage the construction, rehabilitation and maintenance of the City drainage systems;
- Plan, design and manage the provision of traffic, manage street parking space and street lighting for the City;
- Plan, design and manage public transportation in the City and monitor and propose areas for improvement of City traffic;
- Plan, design and manage the construction and maintenance of the City building infrastructure;
- Provide technical guidance on the contractual issues relating to bills of quantities provided in relation to materials supplied for construction projects;
- Contract professional firms to revamp the City infrastructure, road network, for a modern and easy accessible City.
- Develop and monitor the implementation of road walkways, fly overs, traffic signal junctions, major interchanges and bridges construction, and maintenance policies and procedures as per the City Mandate;
- Develop, review and update the Wider City Transport Master-plan;
- Develop and implement road safety strategies for reducing road causalities within the City; and
- Compile and analyze transport and road safety data and prepare reports.
- Building Permits
- Occupation Permits
- Roads maintenance
- Road Opening