responsible for providing technical support and guidance on the urban structural design, infrastructure improvement, road network development and maintenance and control of infrastructure developments in the City.
- Plan, design and manage the construction, rehabilitation, upgrading and periodic maintenance of the City Roads including the Road marking and signage;
- Plan, design and manage the construction, rehabilitation and maintenance of the City drainage systems;
- Plan, design and manage the provision of traffic, manage street parking space and street lighting for the City;
- Plan, design and manage public transportation in the City and monitor and propose areas for improvement of City traffic;
- Plan, design and manage the construction and maintenance of the City building infrastructure;
- Provide technical guidance on the contractual issues relating to bills of quantities provided in relation to materials supplied for construction projects;
- Contract professional firms to revamp the City infrastructure, road network, for a modern and easy accessible City.
- Develop and monitor the implementation of road walkways, fly overs, traffic signal junctions, major interchanges and bridges construction, and maintenance policies and procedures as per the City Mandate;
- Develop, review and update the Wider City Transport Master-plan;
- Develop and implement road safety strategies for reducing road causalities within the City; and
- Compile and analyze transport and road safety data and prepare reports.