Production and Marketing Department is responsible for coordinating the implementation of Government production policies, programmes, projects and regulations in the areas of agriculture, production and extension services.
- Provide, manage and spearhead the delivery of production extension services;
- Implement programs for the production of agricultural products, including crop growing, poultry, veterinary and fish farming;
- Provide technical guidance and advice to the Management of the City on production issues, programmes and projects;
- Monitor the detection and control of the threat and occurrence of pests, vermin and animal epidemics;
- Monitor the use and management of production facilities;
- Identify and promote appropriate production technologies and best practices;
- Provide technical support to farmers to facilitate increased production and high yields;
- Identify market potential and advice the producers appropriately;
- Collect, manage and disseminate agricultural/production information and data; and
- Identify, develop and implement measures to prevent and contain food shortages.