The Community Development Department is responsible for promotion of interest of various groups of the community, particularly the vulnerable, children, women, disabled; among others, to realize and harness their potential for purposeful and sustainable development and mobilize people for community services.
- Develop, monitor and evaluate social rehabilitation and resettlement programs in transforming the citizens;
- Plan, develop and monitor the implementation of the gender mainstreaming, emancipation and empowerment strategy;
- Design and monitor the implementation of youth programs focusing on creating opportunities of entrepreneurship, financial management, livelihood, partnerships and culture;
- Develop, design and evaluate programs for raising awareness and empowerment of People-With-Disabilities and the elderly;
- Develop and monitor the implementation of Poverty Eradication / Alleviation Programs including the functional adult literacy, income generating projects/gainful employment opportunities;
- Plan and enforce the social and labour legislation to protect the working class and regulate the relations between the worker and their employers; and
- Develop and monitor the provision of appropriate legal measures for the protection of human rights of all City Citizens.